Roofing Foreman- Service Department
If you are motivated by a good challenge and take pride in your work, there may be a great career waiting for you with a local company that values it’s employees and has been in business for over 100 years.
Specializing in historic roofing, Wagner Roofing has been servicing some of the Washington, DC area’s most iconic homes and businesses since 1914.
As a Foreman of one of our Service crews, the applicant must be a fully-trained roofing mechanic with experience in working with and repairing all types of roofing systems, including slate, tile, sheet metal, shingles, cedar shake, and low slope applications.
The Service Department is responsible for all maintenance, repairs, and small production contracts, ranging across all types of roofing systems. A typical day may include servicing multiple maintenance and repair job tickets throughout the Washington, DC area (with the full support of the Service Department) or leading your crew to handle a multiple-day production job from start-to-finish.
The excitement of a career in our Service Department is that every day is a new challenge and we pride ourselves on doing the job right.
- Work year-round
- Health Benefits
- 401k retirement plans
- Paid vacation time
- Company vehicle
- Receive extensive continued safety and skills training
- Learn and Perfect skills in traditional roofing and the industry’s newest trend
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Investigate, diagnose, and repair leaks in the building envelop
- Perform roof maintenance and inspections
- Install shingles, tile, slate, asphalt, or related roofing materials
- Repair all types of roofing systems in accordance with professional industry standards
- Install prefabricated building components
- Install siding or sheeting
- Paint walls or other structural surfaces in accordance with industry best-practices
- Build or repair structures in construction, repair, or manufacturing setting
- Capture detailed measurements, drawings, and pictures for job file documentation
- Carry and set up large ladders and materials up to 50lbs
- Keep all equipment and ladders properly maintained
- Safely climb ladders, scaffolding, or other job site access equipment
- Erect scaffold
- Keep a clean and tidy work area
- Keep company vehicle clean and stocked with materials at all times
- Always work safely and as efficiently as possible
- 5+ years of roofing experience
- OSHA certification (10 hours or more)
- Drivers license
- Safety-first mindset
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with construction and components of other building assemblies (ie- doors, windows, walls, etc…)
- Basic carpentry skills
- Strong leadership of your crew
- Ability to train an Apprentice in required safety, roof application & maintenance, company documentation procedures, and expected employee conduct
Relocation assistance can be provided based upon experience.